- Cheng, S. (2012, accepted). “That’s it for today”: Academic lecture closings and the impact of class size. English for Specific Purposes. (SSCI)
- Cheng, S. (2012). A contrastive study of master thesis acknowledgements by Taiwanese and North American students. Open Journal of Modern Linguistics, 2(1), 8-17.
- Cheng, S., Kuo, C.-W., & Kuo, C.-H. (2012). Research article titles in applied linguistics. Journal of Academic Language & Learning, 6(1), A1-A14.
- Kuo, C.-W., Cheng, S., & Kuo, C.-H. (2011). Citations in research article sections: Integrating forms and functions. Taiwan Journal of TESOL, 8(1), 67-94.
- Cheng, S., & Kuo, C.-W. (2011). A pragmatic analysis of MA thesis acknowledgements. Asian ESP Journal, 7(3), 29-58.
- Cheng, S. (2010). A corpus-based approach to the study of speech act of thanking. Concentric: Studies in Linguistics, 36(2), 254-274. (THCI Core 台灣人文學引文索引核心期刊)
- Chu, F.-P., & Cheng, S. (2011, August). Analyzing interactional strategies of radio interview in a genre-based approach. Paper presented at the Asian EFL Journal-TESOL Asia International EFL Conference, Cebu, Philippines.
- Cheng, S. (2011, June). A cross-cultural comparison of master thesis acknowledgements by American and Chinese speakers of English. Paper presented at the 3rd International Conference on English, Discourse and Intercultural Communication, Macao, China.
- Cheng, S. (2010, May). A corpus-based approach to academic lecture closing. Paper presented at JALTCALL 2010 International Conference, Kyoto, Japan.
- Cheng, S. (2008, October). The speech act of thanking in corpus and DCT. Paper presented in Cross-strait Tri-Jiaotong Conference on Applied Linguistics, Xian, China.
- Cheng, S. (2006, June). An exploratory cross-sectional study of L1 pragmatic change. Paper presented at the Joint AAAL-ACLA/CAAL 2006 Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- Cheng, S. (2005, April). Pragmatic development among Taiwanese L2 English learners in the United States. Paper presented at the 16th International Conference on Pragmatics and Language Learning, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA.